Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a misfiring code (P0300). I've changed spark plugs,

Customer Question
I have a misfiring...

I have a misfiring code (P0300). I've changed spark plugs, plug wires and the coil and still have the same misfiring code

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

No first time seeing the code and the car has not stalled.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2000, Camry

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes if I can. I've given the car a tune up basically.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/16/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Fixitman, Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** you tell me how the vehicle is running besides the light being on?

It seems to be running fine. Sometimes when I'm sitting still it's rough and l notice when I turn on the fan (a/c or heat) it idles rough.

Thank you. If all of those components have been replaced then you more than likely need to replace the timing belt or it may just be a bad crank position sensor sending the wrong signal. If the timing belt is worn out then this will occur.

Fixitman
Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician