Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I drive a Toyota Matrix 2003. Lost the coolant cover that…

Customer Question
I drive a Toyota Matrix...
I drive a Toyota Matrix 2003. Lost the coolant cover that led to a blown gasket. Now, I've changed the gasket yet the car won't start. Some local mechanic says I might have to change the whole engine but I need your expert opinion. Thank you
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/5/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the engine over heated in some cases this can damage crank shaft bearings as well as cylinder walls and will cause the no start issue you see.

I would test and make sure fuel pressure is o.k. as well as spark and fuel injector signals.If these are all o.k. make sure the spark plugs are dry and if they are and it will not start I suspect that there is engine damage that has occurred with the engine needing replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician