Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2012 Seana sunroof wouldn't close. Seana. I have not done…

Customer Question
My 2012 Seana sunroof...

My 2012 Seana sunroof wouldn't close.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Toyota?

Seana

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not done anything. Can it be fixed by me?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
10/6/2017
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could prevent the sunroof from working. It may be an electrical issue such as a bad motor, it may be a mechanical failure, possibly something foreign blocking movement. It will require some testing to determine what is going on, it's possible that the headliner and sunroof assembly will need to be removed for repair.

Do you hear any noise when attempting to move it?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician