Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm getting no signs of power (i.e. the dashboard won't turn…

Customer Question
Hey, I'm getting no...

Hey, I'm getting no signs of power (i.e. the dashboard won't turn on, no sign of life at all) even when the battery is hooked up to another car and when the battery has been switched with a perfectly good, charged one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I have checked all the fuses and they are all good except for the EFI fuse but that wouldn't account for no power.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

1992

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am, so far I have charged and switched the battery and checked the fuses

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 10 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

check the battery cable going to the main fuse box under hood is there power in between them

then go from fuse box to inside of the car

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

how do i deduce whther or not they have power?

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

just picked up a test light
I'm self educating, depending on the difficulty of the repair I'll either try to fix it myself or take it to the shop.
No prior experience

click on link to view pdf file showing relay box location next to battery do you see the boxes next to battery

these need to be checked with a test light the harness going into the bottom of it so u have to remove them and flip them up

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

heya, not sure if it was the relay but I found a blown slow burn cartridge fuse on the bunch attached to the positive batery cable. Its a blue 100 A one. I'm not certain how to remove it though, its in there really tight.

that is the main 100 amp fuse if blown no power

some have screws u have to remove first 10 mm or philpis head

click on ink to view is the top left one in the diagram picture i sent you