Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

P3190 P code when tested. Have not tried to reset it. P3190…

Customer Question
P3190 P code when...

P3190 P code when tested

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Have not tried to reset it. P3190 P code comes up as only code on my OBDII Code reader

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2009 Prius

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just had the oil changed. Went around the corner and engine died and dash lit up. They said my battery pack was gone but could do nothing. I have a tester at home. Got towed and just checked it. Code is P3190 P.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/3/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 10 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, the P3190​ code is for a loss of power from the gas engine, sometimes it also comes with a P0A0F (engine did not start) does the gas engine start for you now?

Are you getting a ready light on when powering up? Does the power button turn green when pressing once with the brake depressed?