Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have determined that a diode in the alternator of the 2010…

I have determined that a...
I have determined that a diode in the alternator of the 2010 Toyota Highlander is defective causing parasitic drain on the battery. Please advise me on the procedures necessary to replace the alternator.
10/3/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, just need to know the engine size

V6
OK, he can call me later

HI,

Ok, directions are attached - it is a pain on this engine. Labor time is 3.6 hours

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Thanks for the info. I don't believe a phone call will be needed. This is almost as bad as changing the alternator on a 2012 Buick Enclave which I had to do three months ago.

HI,

Yeah, not fun on this one.

Just for future reference, 99% of the time a phone call is just a waste of your money as I can handle just about everything online this way. The phone request you see pop up is automated that the experts have no control over to turn off.

eric remington

not true

not true phone call are much more thorough and complete

the phone call is their so that the customers who want to talk to an expert on the phone....so we know you want to get rated but that doesn't mean you bad mouth phone service

not every request includes a phone request but if customer asks for one then they are entitled to one...if they want it....but experts like you bad mouthing the phone service doesn't help

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Cary York
Phone call session started
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager