Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

What is check engine codes po441 and 455. For Prius v, codes…

What is check engine...

What is check engine codes po441 and 455

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

For Prius v, codes PO441 and 455

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What year is your car?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far

10/3/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

The P0455 is a very general code that simply states there is a large leak in the EVAP system. The P0441 narrows that down a bit and points to the Purge Solenoid. so, first and foremost here, check the fuel cap. Check the underside of the fuel cap for any cracks or signs of defects that may keep the cap from sealing correctly. If there are any doubts about the inspection of the cap, replace it. Keep in mind, you will need a cap that meets OE Specs. Those "universal" or "locking" fuel caps sold at after market parts stores do not meet OE specs, and will not seal the system correctly. If you are certain the cap is good, then the next course of action is to have the EVAP System "smoked". This is where a machine forces smoke through the system and any leaks can then be more easily found and repaired. If the smoke test proves no results, then the problem will lie in the Purge Solenoid. It's located under the hood, mounted on the front, driver's side. To gain access, the air cleaner assembly will need to be removed. Carefully inspect the vacuum lines for any cracks, holes or disconnections (inspect carefully, this is common!). If no problems are found, replace the Purge Solenoid. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -