Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nothing happens at all when I turn the Power button. 2008…

Customer Question
Nothing happens at all...

Nothing happens at all when I turn the Power button

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2008 Pruis

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried the Key reset button

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No it's a key fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yah just the check engine light came on at first

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/3/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

If you insert the key fob into the slot with the brake pedal firmly pushed does the light in the start button turn green or does it remain orange? Do you have a code reader that will connect to the port under the dash to see what code would be set in the engine control computer causing the check engine light to come on prior to this problem?

I'll try that, I don't have a code reader
The light remains orange

So make sure your brake light comes on when you push the brake pedal. You can borrow or rent a code reader for most parts stores these days you can even purchase one for less than $50. I recommend that everybody have one it will save you hundreds of dollars in diagnostic fees. I can recommend a good cheap one. We need to at least find out what's going on in the engine control computer to make a determination as to how to proceed. These cars are very complex and is a lot of things that have to happen in order for it to ready on. I have to step away from my computer for a little bit get back to me with that information and we can proceed.