Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Im trying to replace the ignition switch with a remote key…

Customer Question
Im trying to replace...

Im trying to replace the ignition switch with a remote key fob kit

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

2003 toyota tundra v6 sr5

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
I have a new key fob kit to replace the non-coded key ignition switch in my 2003 v6 tundra sr5. I have removed the ignition cylinder and disabled the lock. I'm trying to figure out which wires in the ignition switch harness to connect to the new key fob kit.new Kit Connector ignition switch harness
red - battery (+) CONNECT TO AM1, white
black - ground(-) ????
blue - acc CONNECT TO ACC, blue w/ red
yellow - starter motor CONNECT TO ST2, green w/ black
white - key on 1 ????
Brown - key on 2 ????0) did I get the three "CONNECT TO" connections correct above?
1) Is there a ground terminal in the harness? or nearby?
2) what do I connect "key on 1" and "key on 2" to? There is IG1 (black w/yellow) and IG2 (black w/red) in wiring harness but I see nothing about what they are.Thanks for your help.
Demian
10/3/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic

What are you installing?
Brand & Model / Part Number?
Can you post a picture of the wiring diagram?

Don, I'm very sorry. I have been trying to update my billing info for several hours (even called customer support) but have been unsuccessful. The website doesn't seem to work in my case. I wish I could read your response aaand pay you but JA is not working. They are supposed to call me back but I doubt that will happen. Very sorry. Thank you for trying to answer my question.
Demian
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician