Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Low tire pressure warning light came on this morning. Drove…

Customer Question
Low tire pressure warning...

Low tire pressure warning light came on this morning. Drove it to work then I went on my lunch break to Monroe to have them to properly inflate my tires. The light did not go off. I stopped on my way home 34 miles away to have them checked worried about a flat tire turns out Monro over-inflated them. Do you think this is a bad sensor or will the light go out eventually by itself?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

As I said I just stopped them on my way home and they checked my pressures they had 35 36 lb they dropped it to 32 which is the recommended for the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

It's a 2008 Toyota Yaris

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yaris yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm just a little concerned because I drive 75 miles round-trip a day to work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

, well so far the tires are properly inflated but the light is still on

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

you can have 40 psi in that vehicle and the light should go off, more than likely your having a low battery situation in the sensors themselves and should have a diagnostic done on that to figure them out, Just a suggestion though the tire pressure on there is for the factory tires and even then is the low side of things, I always keep mine at 40, it gives great gas mileage and tire wear, just make sure your tires are rated for it, each tire is different, and will have the rating on the sidewall of max psi, most tires max today are 44 and 51,

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.