Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am trying to find a DIY answer to an issue with my rear…

Customer Question
Hi, I am...

Hi, I am trying to find a DIY answer to an issue with my rear cargo door not latching. 2007 RAV4 limited. I don't have money for the repair and I can't lock my vehicle while this issue remains.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota RAV4 Limited. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, but I don't have money to spend on this.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Can you give more detail on what exactly is going on with the rear door?

As I was driving to work this morning, the "door ajar" light came on, so I proceeded to check all my doors and when I went to shut the rear cargo door, it refused to latch and just fell back open.

Do you live where rust and corrosion are an issue?

I spent $26 for this Q&A? What kind of scam is this?? I better not get charged for this so-called answer that is waiting for me!!

You haven't paid for anything you've only made a deposit to your account you just replied back to me after 20 minutes of waiting. It's only been seven minutes since your reply. Are you going to answer my question about rust and corrosion?

My bad it has been 14 minutes I just saw the timestamp irregardless how would you like to proceed? I can give you the information you need but I need some feedback as far as the conditions that you're operating in. When you hit the power door locks can you hear the lock mechanism make noise in the back door?