Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am having an issue with my O2 sensor on my Toyota 4Runner…

Customer Question
I am having an...

I am having an issue with my O2 sensor on my Toyota 4Runner I have strange readings when I use the scanner I need help to diagnose

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

I have located and changed the oxygen sensor; B2S1 and B2S2 However my mpg has dropped drastically from 16mpg to 12.5mpg

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to see if I can troubleshoot I bought a used oxygen sensor, however, the situation seems to be bad Readings from the scanner gives strange values

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/2/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what the values are that are coming up with on the readings?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Hi Pete,This are the values from the Live Data Scan;
O2B1S1(V) - 3.329
O2B2S1(V) - 3.291
FUELSYS1 - OL-Fault
FUELSYS2 - OL-Fault
O2B1S2(V) - 0.015
O2B2S2(V) - 0.000
SHRTFTB2S2(%) - 99.2

Are there any codes setting as well with this issue?

I got this code;
P0051 $07E8 Generic
HO2S Heater Control Circuit
Low Bank 2 Sensor 1I then changed both B2S1 and B2S2 sensors.
Now I have this reading;
P2241 $07E8 Generic
O2 Sensor Positive Current
Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 1

What year is your model and what engine liter size is in your model?

I have a 2007 model Toyota Runner 4.0L

DTC P2241 Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Pumping Current Circuit Low (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

Here is the diagnostic step procedure for this code that needs followed and diagnosed to pinpoint the fault.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2rs9jc9trz4ock/o-10-02.gif?dl=0

I suspect the new/used sensor you installed is faulty for bank 2 sensor 1 and needs replaced again with either a new one or another used one.I would check and trace the wiring running from the sensor to see if any issues are found with it needing to be repaired.The other component that can cause this fault is the engine computer itself but usually this is not the computer causing this it is the oxygen sensor itself needing replaced again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete