Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My cruise on my 05 tacoma won't work. I push the button &

Customer Question
My cruise on my...

My cruise on my 05 tacoma won't work. I push the button & the cruise indicator on the dash won't even come on

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

A few weeks, I've just been driving without the cruise which is bad for me because I'm a bit of a spaz without it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just looked at fuses, but not sure which ones affiliate with cruise

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sometimes while not driving I can push the button and the cruise light will come on, but as soon as I get on the road to try it I get nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/1/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 7 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

There are three fuses involved in the system, the 10A gauge, the 7.5A ECU-IG and the stop light fuse, please check these and let me know, also be sure the stop lights are working correctly. If none of these are the problem I would suspect that it has a bad cruise control main switch.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech