Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Somehow the anti theft alarm activated but now the alarm ,I…

Customer Question
Somehow the anti theft...

Somehow the anti theft alarm activated but now the alarm ,I guess, is not resetting. The red light that use to flash is on solid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Dash alarm light(factory).

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2000 Avalon xls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to trigger the alarm by holding the door key to the right for an extended period. It won't alarm. I had earlier installed new windshield wipers then locked up the vehicle when completed. The alarm was set off latter. When I went out to the car , the door was open and the windshield wipers were not in the "rest" position that I left them in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just need to reset the alarm....don't know how.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 2 days by:
10/3/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 7 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 7 months ago

Make sure you have a good 12 volt battery , the only manual way with out using factory scanner or equivelat to reset is below procedure try that firs t

MASTER RESET

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

do not worry no spark will happen since we took power source out of the loop by taking both cables off, by touching them we are taking all residual power off the modules to reset them as if we using factory scanner .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few