Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My A.C. Is not working on my 2010 prius. I tried turning it…

Customer Question
My A.C. Is not...

My A.C. Is not working on my 2010 prius

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried turning it on and the light don't come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The air blows warm

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the low pressure side and it indicates it's over charged

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
Hi
10/1/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Fixitman, Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** you tell me if this occurred all of a sudden or did it start working intermittently prior to failing completely.

The AC was working fine yesterday, I did tinker with the hybrid battery to check each cell for voltage, but didn't touch the AC
Hang on why am I talking to two of you guys
I've already paid $20
I should only be talking to one of you guys, so who did I pay
I'd like to continue with that person
Ok never mind I called just answer and they said I can talk to both of you
I was looking in the sight glass and it looked clear, no bubbles or nothing
It's like the refrigerant isn't being condensed and turning back to a liquid
You still with me sir

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I never received your response. Did you still need help with this?

I do
What I need to know is what causes the AC system to over charge, it couldn't be the compressor, I don't think, or you wouldn't have high pressure. There appears to be all air in the line, because the sight glass shows no sign of liquid I the line
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can prevent the a/c from working and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. It sounds as if the compressor may not actually be running.

Why do you believe the system is overcharged? The only way that could happen is if someone physically put too much refrigerant in the system.