Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 Prius. Dash lights going on and off. Started as every…

Customer Question
2005 Prius. Dash lights...

2005 Prius. Dash lights going on and off. Started as every once in awhile. Disconnecting the 12V and keeing it disconnected a few minutes always seemed to fix. Now it does not. Would not start one day. Took it to a shop. They replaced the 12V. Worked about 3 days, then dashboard lights going on and off in rapid succession. Red Triangle light on. Back to the shop. They indicated Hybrid battery bad. Wanted $2000 to replace. I took it out, found 2 bad cells. Replaced those. Ran well about 1 day, then the dashboard lights intermittently on and off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No. At times, the full display is working fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

As above. Just replaced cells in the Hybrid 2 days ago.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
10/2/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You