Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The Navigtion system in my 2010 Sienna will not function…

Customer Question
The Navigtion system in...

The Navigtion system in my 2010 Sienna will not function after I installed a new auto battery. It is stuck on the screen which says: "NO DVD Please insert DVD" I have ejected the DVD and reinstalled it many times but the screen remains and noother function works, rdio etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

It is a brand new battery and the car functions properly in every way except the radio and nav system does not.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had it at a mechanics shop and we checked as many fuses that we could find that pertained to the radio and Nav system. Founjd no blown fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of..

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/1/2017
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the disc itself is physically undamaged then this is being caused by an internal failure in the unit. It will either need to be replaced or removed and sent out to somewhere such as United Radio for repair.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!