Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can you please tell me what other devices are on the same…

Customer Question
Can you please tell...

Can you please tell me what other devices are on the same circuit as the EFI fuse and also which relay. Something is blowing the EFI fuse but it does not look like it is the fuel pump?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Toyota. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes it's is a 2004 1.4 petrol V V T !

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/30/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 10 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. There are several units associated with the EFI fuse. The Fuel pump and/or the wire connection on top of the fuel tank is usually the number one cause of this fuse blowing. In addition to the fuel pump area, the circuit opening relay, the fuel injection computer, several sensors and switching solenoids are also on the EFI fuse. When dealing with a short as this, a visual inspection of the engine room wire harnesses is the first order of business; look for wires out of position that my have melted. Inspect the fuel pump wire connector. If everything looks good, the only satisfactory way to determine the cause is to start unplugging things and repeatedly installing new fuses until the fuse does not blow. Sadly, there is no machine or computer scan tool that will detect a short circuit. Issues like this require old-fashioned visual diagnosis and subsequent isolation of the affected circuit.