Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It sometimes gets a rough idle and runs lumpy after I have…

Customer Question
Hi , it sometimes...

Hi , it sometimes gets a rough idle and runs lumpy after I have climbed a hill , it is a v6 camry 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

It stays rough but corrects after parking for a while

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

This has been going on for a year but doesn't always happen , I have had new plugs and timing belt , normally it purrs like a kitten

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I suspect a crankshaft sensor etc. but can't explain why it only seems to happen after climbing a long hill ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/30/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 8 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The first thing we need to know are these items: Is the Check Engine light on, and, what type of spark plugs did you have installed. Please advise.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician