Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Tundra with 95,000 miles. With the 5.7 motor.

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a 2008 Tundra with 95,000 miles. With the 5.7 motor. I started it yesterday to go to work and a block from my house it quit. Now when you go to try to start it it runs for seconds and quits. I checked all the fuses and the one that goes from the battery to the box on the right side of the battery was blown. I changed it and still does not stay running. I've unhooked the battery a couple time and still nothing. I cleaned the mass flow sensor and checked all the vacuum lines and there all good. I only have one key for it so I can't try another key. The alarm light flashes on the dash when I put key in so I don't think its that. Any other ideas I'm missing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

When you dashboard bulbs what do you mean?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

My closest Toyota dealer is a hundred miles away. My truck is on the side of a county road. I've tried everything I could think of and still nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Maybe my battery is dying or fuel pump my be going bad.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/29/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

The steps I recommend to start off with are to scan for codes if you know someone with a scan tool. Next is try a throttle body cleaning, then try a fuel pressure test. Can you let me know those results?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician