Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota t100 dx trying to get running its been sitting for 7…

Customer Question
Toyota t100 dx trying...

Toyota t100 dx trying to get running its been sitting for 7 yrs

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just pulled it out a garage found a blown alt fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Drained all fluids and replace filters have good copression aqnd fuel pressure no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Drained tank and replaced filter have fuel at injecter rail under preesure

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Changed pluggs have good spark a little oil on them after second inspection

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/27/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Will it start briefly on starting fluid?

What year model?

Do you know how to check injector pulse?

no it wont
1994
no i do not
sorry getting ready for work tried starter fluid notta
its a 1994 t100 dx
i do not know how to measure injecter pulse

My expertise on older vehicles is not that great. I will opt out and let another try.

Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your nots and have a question before we proceed. How old is the battery your using to start it with and have you load tested it?

I will be with you until it starts so if you have any questions along the way or if you need a service you feel will help let me know or request one.

hey peter brand new battery gonna try distrb and rotor plus plug wires
replace

Have you checked for spark at the plugs yet?

got spark dont know how strong but yes
i work like 14 hr days so i get to have fun lol sporadically but i wonder if the injectors are working and not sure how to test them dont even see the line going to them or wich relay powers em

You can use a spark tester and when you see the spark it should be a crisp blue spark , any thing orange or less is no good. I'll send you some pics of a spark tester which are cheap.

hey pete just replaced distrb cap and rotor the cap screws were stripped so i held it down as best i could while the mrs turned over sounds much better lol will replace plugg wires and screws tomorrow with the cap secured tightly rhe pluggs were wet and u could smell gas
also 4 of the 6 contacts on the old distr cap were almost non existing so hopefully we can start her up

then I think your on the right track as you really don't want to get into injectors on this , they buried them lol

yah i see that lol i let u no

very well I'll check back latter. good luck.

hey peter just wrapped up no start still gonna check timing tomorrow then im out of ideas
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago

Yes make sure it hasn't jumped a tooth or more.

couldnt locate timing mark it was off so much got it straight looked over the timing gear it looked fine but still no start

You have to remove the top of the timing cover to make sure all three marks line up correctly, the crank and both cam marks.

ok is it possible all three could be so out of whack

it all depends where and how it jumped . If you remove the top timing cover and line up the crank mark make sure that #1 piston is at top dead center , then see where the cam marks line up , this will tell you what is out .

ok will try on saturday thank you

do you need a diagram showing these marks or are u ok.

i could use one tu

Ok give me a min.

Like I stated the key to checking these is to make sure #1 cylinder is on TDC and compression stroke not exhaust stroke.

ok both cams are a quarter tuen past the mark the timing mark is at tdc how do tell exhaust and or compression stroke and dont like the looks of the tension pulley

What do you mean you don't like the looks of the tension-er? please explain?

lol not sure how to lower the tension should i need to rotate

no actualy there is a special tool . it's like a spreader , don't know if aftermarket people have it snap on perhaps or you may have to order one from Toyota.

ok whats my next move

this is the tool. Does your tension-er look like the first picture or the second one

the 2nd one seems to be it it sits behind the power steering pump if i remove bolts will it come out can it be decrompressed
or do i need a new one

yes , what we do is decompress it very slowly in the vise then there is a hole in the piston that you can use a small Allen key or similar trough it to hold in place until you get every thing lined up then remove the pin .

ok so how do i best rotate cams and how can i tell what cycle exhaust

Sorry Thanx giving here , will get back to u tomorrow evening.

here is were im at tdc on comp stroke both cams are a quarter past the mark removed tensioner compressed and pinned it now do move cams back to mark and how

If you have the belt off then you can turn the cams by the bolt holding the cam gear to line up the marks properly

taking belt off means a lot more work hopeing to avoid any short cut to removing more
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician