Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am having a trouble code P0AC0 and P0AFA on my prius.

Customer Question
Hi, I am having...

Hi, I am having a trouble code P0AC0 and P0AFA on my prius

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Tried reset but kept coming

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Prius?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

Done Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Having hesitant acceleration, mpg now 28. Consumes oil also

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/26/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

There is a technical service bulletin to address this issue with these particular codes. That technical service bulletin number is ***** If you Google search that technical service bulletin number you'll find a copy of the PDF online somewhere. Essentially what's going on here is that the logic in the battery ECU and the hybrid battery ECU has been changed for this assemblies have been updated. The only other possible option is that you have a temp sensor in the HV battery pack starting to fail or the system voltage is below the threshold in the HV battery pack itself. Without extensive HV scan tool capabilities and testing of the HV battery is difficult to say for certain. The codes would have freeze-frame data attached to them with sub information codes that would help narrow down the issue if your scan tool is capable of doing that and you can post that information I might be able to decipher a little more for you.