Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Toyota Prius. Yesterday car was driving fine.

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2007 Toyota Prius. Yesterday car was driving fine. Today when I put the key fob in I get no lights, no dash display, no anything. Total silence.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I've read through the section in the book on fuses, and managed to remove the interior fuse panel but am unclear which fuses to check when nothing is working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have so far replaced the tiny battery in the key fob. I'm hoping to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think that's all I know so far.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/26/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

With the key in the slot and you put your foot on the brake do the brake lights come on and does the light in the start button illuminate? Do you have any of the key fobs? Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage?