Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 89 Supra takes time to warm up to have power steering,

Customer Question
My 89 Supra takes...

My 89 Supra takes time to warm up to have power steering, usually on a downward slope on a second start will make it work again.... I have already replace the power steering pump twice

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

No noise is there

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Supra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have put in 2 pumps as recent as last month

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/26/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your Patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

To do a proper fluid flush on the power steering it has to be put on a flush machine and cleaners pumped through it and filled with new fluid. I will send more pics and chemicals that we use. If this does not correct the issue then the next step would be hook up pressure gauges to the system and record the pressures .

here is just one of the companies that offer a proper flush to clean the system out properly and thoroughly.