Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Drove car up ramp for oil change, done, wanted to drive car…

Customer Question
Drove car up ramp...

Drove car up ramp for oil change, done, wanted to drive car off ramp, won't go to any gear not even neutral. Am able to shift gear handle, but does not get in gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Transmission 1991, break switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '91 Toyota?

Car has only 170000 km

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Toyota Camry 1991

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I mentioned all these things already and gave you my MasterCard number

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/26/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

You opened one question and I replied to you. Do not open any more questions regarding this problem either reply to this response or the one I previously sent you. When you changed the engine oil are you certain you drained the proper drain plug? Did you check the fluid level in the transmission?