Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Efi fuse, is. They are, 2002, tacoma, preruner, 3.4 engine,

Customer Question
Efi fuse, is blown ...

Efi fuse, is blown

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes, they are,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2002, tacoma, preruner, 3.4 engine, automatic transmission.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, i remove the relay form the fuse box and when I try to start the engine, fuse is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I put the relay and in blown. Then I remove the conector from the ECU with the relay in position and fuse did not blown, then I conect the ecu and try again and the fuse blown.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/25/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 10 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

Does the fuse blow without the key on or only when the key is in the ON position?>

when the key is on and I try to start the engine.

Thanks, ***** ***** very important, it does not blow when the key is out of the ignition is this correct? Only when trying to start it? What about if the key is just in the ON position?

only when I try to start the engine

Ok, I'm going to check my wiring diagram and get back to you.

Thanks

Pull the EFI relay out, only one terminal should be grounded, is there another one grounded?

only one

You mentioned that when disconnecting one of the computer connectors the fuse does not blow with the EFI relay in, does the connector have a white/red wire on it?

it have it.
I took apart all the harnes from the truck and inspect all the white and red wire and looks fine.

Check the front O2 sensor before the cat disconnect it and see if the fuse stops blowing.

The white/red wire supplies voltage to the computer and the O2 sensors so check both O2 sensors and the wires or just disconnect them.

Disconnect that connector from the computer and see if the white/red wire is grounded.

O2 sensor is now disconected, and red and white is disconected from the computer and is not grounded.
can you send me the electric diragram?

I will give you a link.

Thaks
Can you give me a list of what to check that can cause the fuse to blown,
This truck was modified to race in baja, in a stock class with stock engine,

Looking at the diagram anything that is connected to the white/red wires including the ECM, the best way is to just disconnect at the ecm and see if the wire is grounded, if it's not replace the ecm the short is internal.

Ok, thanks

You're welcome, good luck.