Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Won't start when engine is hot Toyota Sienna 2008. All check…

Customer Question
Won't start when engine...

Won't start when engine is hot Toyota Sienna 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

All check all good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have replace idle air control valvel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It start fine when it cold

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

When you say it won't start when it's hot do you mean engine is cranking over but it just does not fire up and run Or is the starter not engaging the engine and turning it over? Do you have a code reader to see if there any malfunction codes set in the computer?

Not fire up
The code was 741 740

Do you have a scan tool? Are you losing spark, injection pulse you checked fuel pressure?

All good

You mean P0741? If so P0740 is not a valid code of those the only two codes you have? Can you recheck

I have and I have checked and all good
They said left and right bank run too learn
Are you still there?

Lean codes are P0 171 series. There are multiple things that can cause the engine to run lean up to and including too much ethanol in the fuel. You will get vapor lock in the fuel rail and it won't start hot. How many miles are on the vehicle? Do you have a scan tool?