Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2009 Toyota Prius (Base), codes: C2310 and C1241. Codes:

Customer Question
2009 Toyota Prius (Base)...

2009 Toyota Prius (Base), codes: C2310 and C1241

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Codes: C2310 and C1241

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

I can see this is a computer generated response and not an actual human

Mechanic's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It use to say something about park the car at a flat surface and apply the brakes and not anymore

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/25/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Real live person here. I see that you requested a live phone call do you want me to submit that offer to you now?

I dont have time for this, dont bother calling, how do i get a refund?

Sorry for your frustration just wanted to find out how you wanted to proceed I've been working on these cars for 35 years here's what's going on if you don't want to deal with a phone conversation. The C 2310 means that the transmission control computer voltage is below 10 V. The reason why you're getting the warning on the display that says set the parking brake is because the 12 V battery is not supplying sufficient voltage to move the electronic drive motor for the park mechanism. The 1231 code means the ABS control module is also seeing low voltage to the IG one terminal of the ABS computer. Here's the bot***** *****ne you're probably gonna find that the 12 V battery is failing. Once the key is shut off is not enough voltage in the battery or current flow to apply the park motor mechanism therefore the warning and the malfunction codes. This is not a serious problem you need to have your 12 V battery tested and/or replaced. And sorry for the frustration just needed to know how you wanted to proceed. At this point you've only made a deposit, with the information I provided to you hopefully you will apply rating to the assistance I provided to you at three or higher so I may be compensated for my information to you. If you need any other information or have any other questions feel free to reply and I will get back to you ASAP.