Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 2002 toyota 4runner 4WD and suddenly the brake pedal…

Customer Question
Hello . I have...

Hello . I have 2002 toyota 4runner 4WD and suddenly the brake pedal is so hard to brake , brakes doesn't work , have to push the pedal hard to stop the car , also brake warning light and buzzer sound inside . What would be the problem ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?

Brake fluid is on the max level , normal , and the sound is steady

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im trying myself , I have comment about the power brake booster being the problem , i haven't try anything , just remove one caliper and brake pads , piston are moving ok , bleed it , pressure is very low

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/25/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Fixitman, Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** the brake pedal is very hard then the issue is the brake booster. This is what provides the brake assist to allow the pedal to be easier to press. I would make sure that the hose from the engine is connected to it and that it is connected firmly to the engine. If it is then the booster is the problem. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.

Can it be any electric problem on the brake booster and master cylinder ? as I see on 2002 4runner has a lot electrical connections

There is not an electrical issue on this vehicle that will cause this to occur.

Fixitman
Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician