Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

What does the 19 mm bolt look like and what is the easiest…

Customer Question
What does the 19 mm...
What does the 19 mm bolt look like and what is the easiest way to find it
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: EricFromCT, Toyota Technician replied 10 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

What year and model toyota? Also what 19mm bolt are you referring to?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

2010 scion xb serpitin belt looking for tension release bolt diagram does not specific .....do I really need the special tool

Ok. No you do not need a special tool. They do make tools that help in getting to the bolts on the tensioners. But you can use anything you can get on the 19mm. CLICK HERE for a diagram of the location.

Is it near the top or bottom .....is easier taking the tire off or going up from the top I find there are a lot of bolts in the way and I am having trouble locating the exact Bolt
That picture is honestly terrible for me to look it up and it appears the tool is being used from the bottom

The picture is all that Scion gives you. It is from there workshop manual. The tool is being show from the bottom. That is assuming you have the car on the lift. There is an engine undershield on the right hand side that needs to be removed to access from the bottom. It may be possible to access it from the top. There are no other bolts in the way. The 19mm "bolt" is a cast piece on the tensioner that you put a wrench or socket onto to move the pulley and get slack on the belt.

It is on or near the tensioner correct

Correct. It is part of the tensioner.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.