Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2005 toyota tundra with a 4.7 engine..the trouble…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 toyota tundra with a 4.7 engine..the trouble is while driveing it seems to have no power..try to accerlate it either looses speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing my self..thought about the fuel filer but cannot find one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it for now thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 8 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please advise if the check engine light is illuminated at the instrument panel. Thanks

the light is not on..no codes come up
is anyone there

No light coming on. Ok. That eliminates almost all of the electrical possibilities. Based on what you are experiencing, I would be inclined to think you have a stretched timing belt, or, the timing belt has moved a tooth on the camshaft sprockets.

A fuel filter would not cause this. As long as the engine starts and runs, ample fuel and pressure are being found at the injectors.

other the haveing no power ..the truck runs fine
what about new plugs and air filter..will that help..?

The plugs on this engine need to be replaced every 30,000 miles. Use ONLY Nippondenso plugs. If the plugs are worn, or incorrect, you will have a loss of power. Plugs and air filter would be a good idea before taking the front of the cam covers off.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert