Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Im looking for the torque specs for the lower steering

Customer Question
Hi, Im looking for the...
Hi, Im looking for the torque specs for the lower steering knuckle to lower ball joint and the upper steering knuckle that attaches to the ball joint and control arm .The for the ball joint.
This is for a 97 Toyota Tacoma 2wd 2.4L
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

They should both be tightened to 80 ft lbs, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

The 2 bolts to lower steering knuckle are 80 ft lbs ?
Actually that is the lower steering knuckle to the lower ball joint bracket.

Any chance you can take a picture for me so I'm sure we are talking about same parts?

I was refering to the nuts that hold knuckle to ball joints. Give me a minute to look up the 2 bolts.

Are you talking about the ones in following picture? https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqtdqhcbje861sy/nuts.PNG?dl=0

If so those get tightened to 111 ft lbs.

2 lower ball joint set bolts to the right and the left of the lower ball joint which connects to the steering knuckle.

The set bolts get tightened to 148 and 221 ft lbs. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Toyota Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.