Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My key wont open my trunk and the latch in the front by the…

Customer Question
My key wont open...

My key wont open my trunk and the latch in the front by the seat wont work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2009 corolla le

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wd 40 tried to reach behind back seat to fold down seat and access that way

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer , my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a couple questions so I can get a better picture what is happening. Did you try the trunk release cable? Have you got more then one key as it may be in valet mode.