Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2001 Toyota Sequoia and the check engine light came

on along with the VSC...
I have a 2001 Toyota Sequoia and the check engine light came on along with the VSC lights. The code that was provided to me by O'Reilly's was C1203 ECM Communication Circuit Malfunction...I drove it home but it seemed as if it wanted to cut off. How costly will this repair be?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The check engine light is blinking
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I called Pep Boys and Firestone both are sending me to the dealer. I don't know what other option I have at this point
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it...thank you
9/23/2017
john
john, The Car Guy

very likley its a ecm failure ...any other codes in the system?

that is all the codes that was shown. Can you provide me with an estimate of the cost of the repair?

well they will likley charge you a few hours diagnostic so a few hundred to start

a new ecm is $967.18 and its a half hour labor to install..so if infact the ecm is failed your likley going to spend $1200 or so

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

john
john, The Car Guy
Thank you very much and I greatly appreciate your insight/feedback. Is there anyone beside the dealership that can make this repair?
john
john
john, The Car Guy