Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Program toyota window

Customer Question
program toyota window
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/23/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 9 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please advise what model & year your Toyota is, and which window has the issue. Thanks

2011 rav4, just replaced drives window regulator
when i auto up the window goes up then half way down

Turn key on. Depress window switch to lower and continue to hold it down after the window is down all the way for 15 seconds, then raise the window and hold the switch in the rais position for 15 seconds after the window has raised fully

then push the auto function to test

same, after auto up it automatically goes half way down

Disconnect the battery and repeat after disconnected for 5 minutes

Make sure that the window rubber (where the window slides) is clean and free of any dirt or grime. Spray with 100% pure silicone spray to lubricate. The auto down function may be occurring due to excess resistance encountered in the tracks when the glass raises. This is normal and by design (this is how the window reacts to something being in the travel of the glass , like an arm or obstruction)...when the glass encounters resistance, the positive temperature coefficient thermister in the motor activates and reverses current to lower the window to be clear of the obstruction.,

same
every is clean
if you auto up it goes half way down if you dont auto up you can put it up

Is the replacement regulator new or used?

new toyota

New motor or same one?

same motor, didnt replace

Recommend a new motor. It is most likely that the thermister in the old motor is weak; the added resistance of a new regulator is too much for the thermister to accept

thanks

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.
A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.
Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer