Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

VSC go off at will... shaking and grinding of brakes... loss

of power JA: Have you checked...
VSC go off at will... shaking and grinding of brakes... loss of power
JA: Have you checked the brake pads to make sure they're still adequate?
Customer: yep ... new 2001 toyota sequiioa
JA: What is the model of your '01 Toyota?
Customer: Sequioa
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nope nothing so far there was some recall on this for 2003 and up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
9/23/2017
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a couple questions before we proceed. Does your vehicle have ABS braking? Also have your vehicle scanned for any fault codes with a scanner that has the proper interface to pull up codes from all ECMs and controls.

I believe the 2001 seq has ABS.
No, I have not had the codes checked.
From what I have found online, Toyota has had enough issues to do a recall of 2003 and up models.
It appears there is fault with the VSC trac. How can I disconnect the VCS?

give me a min and I'll look at the wiring.

ok there has been an issue with these but no recall or campaign as of yet. I am offering a service where I can better explain what it is and what to do .

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician