Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ever since changing the 12v battery, it will turn over but…

Customer Question
Ever since changing the...

Ever since changing the 12v battery, it will turn over but will not run. 2003 Prius

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

In other cars, yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. We jumped the old battery first, and it would run for 10 mins and then warning lights would go off and it would go to neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Someone said that is battery related. Yes, that I don't know whether the battery is even the problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/23/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I will need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics

And I need to know if the immobilizer/antitheft light is blinking or staying on as long as the key is in the ignition

Hi, I was away from the car for two days. Sorry for my late response.Last 8 are: 30083912
Antitheft doesn't even come on at all.Car doesn't turn over and a battery icon as well as the hot coolant icon and oil light all stay on. A little turtle light also comes on.
Clearly the poor little car has worsened since my dad told me about it :(

HI,

Hmmm, unfortunately I dont have the needed schematics for yours. I believe it is a charging system issue, but will opt out so an expert that has the schematics can better help you

Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 11 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

HELLO, DO YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A VOLTMETER?

I can definitely get one. I don't at the moment. I'll comment when I have one
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 10 months ago

Ok that sounds good, will wait to hear back from you.