Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 Matrix will not crank. Battery is fine, fuses seem

Customer Question
2007 Matrix will not...

2007 Matrix will not crank. Battery is fine, fuses seem fine, security system has been reset.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Probably 1.5 gal of fuel in tank. Should I add more? Spark plugs have been fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, i've worked on it, replaced the battery and a 100 amp fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Has 107k miles and has worked fine until i replaced a low voltage battery and accidentally blew the 100 amp fuse which i've replaced.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/22/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

No luck roll starting it in reverse at slow speed and popping the clutch. Added 2 more gallons of fuel. Still no crank. Good strong dash lights and headlights.
No call. Just text
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago

ok try this reset

MASTER RESET

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

do not worry no spark will happen since we took power source out of the loop by taking both cables off, by touching them we are taking all residual power off the modules to reset them as if we using factory scanner .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Thanks for the reset tip.
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago

You are welcome

Hope it worked ,if it did not let me know

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You