Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just changed the battery, no dash lights, wont start. I used…

Customer Question
Just changed the battery...

Just changed the battery, no dash lights, wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I used a battery jumper to start it and all runs fine, let the car charge the new battery for 1/2 hr but same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 echo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Echo yourself? What have you tried so far?

This morning all lights on dash worked, the car cranked but the battery was dead (9 years old), i have the car jumpered and all ran fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I purchased a new battery and replaced it but no dash lights ect

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 11 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

Check the 100-120A alternator fuse in the fuse box under the hood, it has a clear cover on it. Do you have a voltmeter or test light?

fault found, tape on neg battery terminalthanks for your help

You're welcome.