Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The accelerator does nothing. It stuttered yesterday and…

Customer Question
The accelerator does nothing...

The accelerator does nothing. It stuttered yesterday and stopped dead even though it has full charge.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your electric?

I'm not sure of the year but it is a California roadster

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your California?

I think it is a 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your California yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself. There is an LED light in side the back that shows red when I press the accelerator about halfway down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

When I take the rear seat out there is a box inside the cart with an LED light on it. I would have to go look at it to tell you what it is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just replaced an 8 volt battery that was low

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/22/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, is this a toyota vehicle or motorcycle or a golf cart

If a toyota, I need the vin number. If not, let me know what it is and I will get it sent to the right category