Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My trunk is stuck and I can't open it. its there anyway to…

Customer Question
My trunk is stuck...

My trunk is stuck and I can't open it. its there anyway to get the back seats down from inside the car 2012 Toyota corrolla sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

No, I think something in the trunk is lodged and that is why I can't open it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to get the back seats down but can't seem to do it from inside the car

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/21/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so with that model even removing the rear seats has to be accessed though the trunk, so we should focus on the latch, have you tried jouncing the trunk lid and having someone pull on the release lever ?

Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

hows it coming?

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.