Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My check engine light came on Scanner said p0753, It stays…

My check engine light...

My check engine light came on Scanner said p0753

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on Car won't shift into 3rd gear so I can't even drive on the freeway

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

Rav4 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried much. Just doing research on how to diagnose it and fix it without breaking the back bank

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

9/19/2017
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, please allow me a few minutes to review this information.

Hello, thank you

thanks for your patience

here are the diagnostics, don't let it overwhelm you, I believe the problem is going to be the solenoid itself

Where does the shift solenoid reside? Is it external or internal?
Are the solenoid and ECM separate issues?

internal

the ecm is what is monitoring what the solenoids are doing.

What makes you believe it is the solenoid itself and not the ECM?I'm sorry I am overwhelmed! That's a lot of info and I don't know much about cars

because I have worked on these for 25 years? the ecm ONLY monitors the solenoids.

I can send you the replacement procedures.

please thanks
Thank you. Do you know where I can buy one for the lowest cost?

standby

What would be a good alternative if I don't have the expertise or the right tools to replace it myself?

have a transmission shop diagnose it.

Is the part you sent as good as a factory part?

nothing is as good as a factory part.

Thanks for your help David. You are excellent.

you are very welcome. Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you

excuse me but why did you put in for a refund?

can you tell me why you put in for a refund after telling me I am excellent?