Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Not started in 3+ years. Sitting in garage. Not sure what to

do. Would like someone specialized...
Not started in 3+ years. Sitting in garage. Not sure what to do. Would like someone specialized in Toyota to look at it, don't want to blow any valves. Something like that.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: They should be fine. Battery is dead anyway. You type very quickly btw.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2003 Celica
JA: Are you fixing your Celica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, I'm not qualified and wouldn't know where to begin.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
9/18/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Was the car running properly when you parked it?

Hi Ron, sounds good, thanks.

everything was fine. Had about 90000km on it at the time. Maybe 1 bar of gas left in it at the time. Didn't drain any fluids.

Okay all your going to need to do to get it started and running is to add some fresh gas since the tank is pretty low at 1 bar and then install a fresh battery and it should start for you. After you have it running then you are going to want to replace the oil and filter and also consider having the cooling system flushed. It would also be a good idea to have your fuel injectors professionally cleaned . The tries will need to be checked to be sure they are not dry rotted and if so they will also need to be replaced.

Really that's it you think? Even though it's been 3 years? I was worried the oil might have dried up in the cylinders...

There is no way for the oil to dry out, just make sure the level is okay before you start the engine , once it running and warmed up then you will want to change the oil and the filter. You also need to inspect the belts and hose for any signs of cracking and or drying out and it would be a very good idea to go ahead and replace them due to there are and having been setting.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ok then, thanks for the advice.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician