Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2000 Toyota Tacoma no dash lights no tail lights brake

Customer Question
lights work,head lights work change...
2000 Toyota Tacoma no dash lights no tail lights brake lights work,head lights work change tail light fuse keep blowing
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
Also when new fuse is put in left blinker stays lit in the off position
9/18/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you. In helping you I will use videos, links and shop info I feel will help you the best and at any time you can ask for clarification or more info if needed. I may also offer a service where we can one on one discuss the issue .

I read your question and notes , what you have is a short in the system, there is a couple of ways we can find this, the long way of disconnecting connectors and or parts to isolate the area or with a short detector which is an in expensive tool that will help locate the short. I will start by asking you a couple questions first.

Does your vehicle have trailer wiring?

never used

Ok thanx for that info, I will send you a pic of that short detector tool we use if you wish to get one , they are easy to use and inexpensive. But in the mean time We can carry on eliminating items but each time you do until we find the problem it may blow fuses so have a few on hand. I would disconnect the connector going to the tail lights, this will be in the lower kick panel driver's side. Try that first and see if it still blows that fuse. Let me know.