Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 camry and the vsc, anti slip and engine light…

Hi i have a...

Hi i have a 2009 camry and the vsc, anti slip and engine light has come on. Ive booked my car in for a transmission service as the oils black and burnt. Just wondering if this could contribute or its something else?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?

No the cars booked in to the mechanic next tues

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i havent i brought new oil but didnt know if/ how to change it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No the cars just been serviced and running quietly and smoothly

9/18/2017
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Transmission oil condition will not cause the check engine light to come on; that is a mechanical issue. Most likely, you have some type of sensor issue or emission control item fault. Changing the fluid will not make the light go put. You need to get the car scanned to determine why the light is on.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks!

Is it safe to drive until i can get to a mechanic

As long as it is running OK, the issue is probably emission related, so, yes.

That a relief if it is emissions can that be costly or easily fixed?

Depends on the system or sensor. Cannot tell you for sure without knowing the cause.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you. I trust my input is satisfactory and meets your expectations. A positive rating for my assistance on your request would be greatly appreciated; thanks again and have a great day

Thanks for your assistance hope my cars not going to cost me a fortune

You are very welcome. Please remember to rate my assistance on your screen. Thanks again.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert