Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Here it goes---2002 toyota camry 3.0--0325-knock sensor

HI there-here it goes---2002...

HI there-here it goes---2002 toyota camry 3.0--0325-knock sensor replaced-had rear new def-replaced-front cat converter replaced-plugs-injectors-coil paks-replaced-throttle body and maf-replaced-everything thats been dun has helped the original problem--engine misses idling-kinda flutters--at 40-42-misses bad jerks ect-when cold it does better but gets worse when it at oper temp-all o2 sensors done also-keeps throwing 0325 and 1155 codes .

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Toyota?

I just sent it with history

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes an dealership was a waste if time and money--said the engine was missing because it needed a trans-two other shops backed out

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

230,000-auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it-any help would great-egr has been cleaned but not replaced and I have wrenched for 45 years but this is a little slickie

9/17/2017
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I would recommend you replace the Air/Fuel sensor on the Bank One side of the engine. Use a Genuine Toyota Replacement part, part number 89467–33060. Most likely, the A/F ratio is off on cyls 1-3 and 5; this gives you a knock and the knock code.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
ok it was replaced already -ok but will that cause the flutter it has-the knock sensor code only comes up when your going up a hill or when you are requiring power-its not throwing a 0325 code constantly it switches from 0325-1135-3 days ago gave a 0430
would that also give the other codes also and make the engine flutter the way it is-its like a big circle and doesnt end
by the way i keep a scanner in the consol of the car so I can always monitor the codes its giving
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started
answered phone but no one there

There seems to be an issue with the site at the moment.

I would also recommend a can of BG 44K fuel injection cleaner be added to the fuel tank. This will clean the valve faces and the EGR pintle

If you have other questions, please feel free to reply. If not, Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you. I trust my input is satisfactory and meets your expectations. A positive rating for my assistance on your request would be greatly appreciated; thanks again and have a great day

well it has 6 new injectors-plugs and coil paks--cleaner will not do it and have a egr on its way
also has new throttle body and maf-fuel pump-also

Are you speaking with another expert? If you are, that is not me.

well the tech-eric -that I talked to had the same idea I already had an was at a loss to what could be causing this problem an setting off the 0325 code he pretty much agreed that I was on the right path but was not able to nail it down--even hooked up scanner to car while on the phone-discussing this was a help but nothing additional other than what I am doing--thanks

ok