Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

Car wont start, the positive terminal is corroded, 2016

car wont start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: the positive terminal is corroded
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2016 toyota camry LE
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, car worked fine all day today.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: dash lights come on, headlights come on but are dim

Hello my name is***** the terminal is corroded then that can cause this. A lack of voltage will cause the computer to shut down the starting system. I would start by removing and cleaning the terminals. If those get clean and it continues then the battery needs to be load tested to see if it is failing or just need a recharge. A simple jump start may also get you going. I hope this helps. If you need more help please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i just realized that the battery is kinda swollen too. Cleaning the terminals did not work. im going to replace the battery in the morning. I have a capacitor that is connected to my amplifier and subwoofer that has a digital voltage meter on it that reads 9.0V. It was confusing me because everything in the car works like the radio and dash; I guess this computer shut down is a thing that happens on newer cars