Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Toyota Highlander keyless entry fob. The

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Toyota Highlander keyless entry fob. The battery is dead and I can't open the car doors. I thought it was the key fob that needed a battery and did get one. The technician said that I could use the key inside the fob to start the car, but will that key also open the door. There is a key hole on the drivers side

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Never had a new battery, and I know it is the battery because there no lights on inside the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to get the door open to give the car a boost, otherwise I will have to have it towed to the dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can I use the key inside the fob to open the door

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 11 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Yes, there should be a regular metal key to unlock the driver side door.

located inside the fob