Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Can't get the rear rotor off. 2012 limited, pretty much the

Can't get the rear rotor off.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2012 limited
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: pretty much the same as the front. I had the emergency break on which I thought might have caused the issue but it still won't come off. It's loose but almost like something is holding it on still
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it.

HI,

What is the model of your Toyota - camry, corolla, sequoia, tundra, etc

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Highlander 2012 limited
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any idea what to do?

HI,

Ok, on the face of the rotor is either an exposed hole or a grommet in the hole you will remove. Spin the rotor so the hole is at the 6 oclock position and then use a screwdriver to deadjust the parking brake shoes until rotor slides off. See attached diagram

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Roger. The rotor won't allow me to spin it to a 6 o'clock. Do I need to have both rear wheels up?

HI,

Yes, both rear wheels need to be off the ground and parking brake fully released.