Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

O6 Corolla: All the electronic are down and unable to shift…

Customer Question
O6 Corolla: All the...

O6 Corolla: All the electronic are down and unable to shift out of park without manual override. I took it to a local shop and verified there is power to both fuse boxes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes, both fuse boxes have power.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

06 Corolla

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the fuses and took it to a local shop to verify that both boxes where getting power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
9/16/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 11 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Was anything done prior to this occurance (change the battery, lightning storm, adding a radio, etc)?

Nothing was done prior.

Is the car available?

It is.

Please go to the car and open the hood. Locate the fuse panel and read the diagram. You are looking for a box that reads "100 A ALT" This is the main power fuse form the box to the car. Look thru the clear plastic 'window' and see if the wire strip in the base of the cartridge is separated in the center.

Ok, I am looking
The cover is off of the fuse so I csn see directly into it and it is not seperated.

Do you have a test light to see if there is power in the wire strip?

I took to a local shop and they tested and verified there is power to both fuse boxes.

Power to the box is one thing. Power form the box to the rest of the car is what we need to verify. If you have no power anywhere in the car, this fuse is responsible for powering up the car.